Grape seed extract contains a rich source of plant flavonoids called oligomeric procyanidins, or more commonly, OPCs.
OPCs have many beneficial effects in the body, including stabilising capillary walls and preventing increases in capillary permeability. Connective tissue, blood vessels and capillary walls are all supported structurally by a collagen matrix. Grape seed extract supports collagen structures and helps to prevent destruction of collagen, as it promotes the reinforcement of the natural cross-linking of collagen fibres.
Grape seed extract is a potent antioxidant and as such provides protection against cellular damage by free radicals.
Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms. Some are generated in the body as part of normal energy-producing processes, some are generated by pollutants such as air pollution, and some are generated by lifestyle factors such as excess dietary fats, cigarette smoke, and alcohol ingestion. Many of these free radicals are dealt with by the body’s own free radical, antioxidant defences. Some free radicals however escape these defences, and cause cellular damage. Research suggests that accumulation of free radical cellular damage can result in degenerative conditions.
- High potency supplement – contains 85 mg of procyanidins per tablet.
- Formulated to replicate the effective dose used in published clinical research when taken as recommended.
- Helps to relieve swelling (oedema), heaviness, pain and itching of the legs.
- Helps to protect against the breakdown of skin collagen and elastin.
- Helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals.
For More Information Please Visit: